Information that you provide to non-Fonebell companies is not covered by this Policy and Fonebell shall have no responsibility for protecting any such information divulged by Customer/User to a non-Fonebell company.
As used in this Policy, the terms listed below have the following meanings:
Customer - A "Customer" is anyone who purchases Fonebell products or services. When a Customer purchases retail products or services for use by others, those individuals also may be considered Customers for purposes of this Policy.
User - A "User" is anyone who visits our websites.
Personal Information - "Personal Information" is information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Personal Information does not include Published Listing Information as discussed in more detail below or information that is readily available to the public through no fault of Fonebell.
Anonymous Information - "Anonymous Information" means information that does not directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User.
Aggregate Information - "Aggregate Information" means information about groups or categories of Customers or Users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Aggregate Information is a kind of Anonymous Information.
Website - "Website" means any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, lap top, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, WAP, ftp or other) is used to access the page or location. In this Policy, we use the term website other similar terms such as "Internet site," "site," and "web page."
1. Information - We may collect several types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you, including contact information; billing information, equipment, performance, Fonebell’s website usage, viewing and other technical information about your use of our network, services, products or websites. Information may be collected when you give it to us with the intent to purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide; when we collect it automatically when you visit our websites or use our products and services; or when we obtain it from other sources, such as credit agencies. Our goal of collecting your information is to provide you with the best customer experience possible by communicating with you regarding service updates, offers and promotions; delivering advertising that may be of interest to you; addressing network and security issues; investigating or taking action regarding illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use of Policies.
2. Disclosure - We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose, and we maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes. We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by Fonebell.
Subject to applicable legal restrictions, such as those that exist for CPNI (as defined below), the Fonebell family of companies may share your Personal Information with each other to make sure your experience is as seamless as possible, and you have the full benefit of what Fonebell and its subsidiaries have to offer.
We share your Personal Information only with non-Fonebell companies that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services. We require those non-Fonebell companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy, and we do not provide Personal Information to non-Fonebell companies for the marketing of their own products and services without your consent. We may provide Personal Information to non-Fonebell companies or other third parties for purposes such as emergencies, pursuant to court orders, compliance with the law or a lawful government, judicial, administrative, or law enforcement request (i.e. search warrant, subpoena, court order, discovery request), identity verification to prevent fraud and identity theft, enforcing of property rights, or obtaining payment for products and services that appear on your Fonebell billing statements.
3. Customer Proprietary Network Information. Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) is information that Fonebell obtains when providing your telecommunications services to you. CPNI includes the types of telecommunications services you purchased, how you use the services, and the billing information related to those services, including items such as the types of telecommunications services that you have purchased and your calling details. Your telephone number, name and address are not considered CPNI.
We use your CPNI to offer you additional services of the type you already purchase from Fonebell. We also may use your CPNI to offer you products and services, packages, discounts and promotions from Fonebell and its affiliates, such as fax service, analytic tools and other unified communication tools, which may be different from the types of services you already purchase. Fonebell has strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of CPNI and protect it from unauthorized access or improper use. Fonebell does not sell, trade, or otherwise share your CPNI with anyone outside of Fonebell or its affiliated companies or with anyone who is not authorized to represent us to offer our services or to perform functions on our behalf, except as the law may require or you may authorize.
In order to restrict access to your CPNI for our own marketing purposes, please contact us within 30 days of this notice. If you do not notify us within 30 days of this notification that you wish to restrict our use of your CPNI, we will assume that you approve of our use of CPNI for this purpose.
4. Privacy Controls - You can review and correct your Personal Information collected by us. You can limit certain types of solicitation communications from Fonebell, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging by notifying Fonebell. We will provide you with notice of changes to this policy. We are happy to correct information found to be inaccurate. Customers may verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
5. Security - We have established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to secure the information we collect, to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of that information and to ensure it is used appropriately. Although we strive to keep your Personal Information secure, no security measures are absolute, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (for example, as the result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate the law or this Policy). We will make reasonable attempts to notify you if we determine that Fonebell has experienced a security breach and there is a reasonably likely risk of identity theft, or where otherwise required by law.
6. Account Set-Up - When selecting User names and passwords for Fonebell accounts, you should choose words or characters that are not obvious. Likewise, you should always keep Personal Information such as account numbers, Usernames, passwords or similar information in a secure place and not share the information with others.
7. Policy Changes - Information about our Customers and Users, including Personal Information, may be transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Customer and User records would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding.
We are happy to address any questions or concerns you may have about our privacy practices and policies. You may contact us on email@example.com.
If you believe you have been aggrieved by any act of ours in violation of the law, we encourage you to contact us directly to resolve your question or issue.
Updated: June, 2017